Problem: The following errors appear in Event Viewer on a SharePoint 2013 server. Event 1, SQLVDI SQLVDI: Loc=SignalAbort. Desc=Client initiates abort. ErrorCode=(0). Process=2620. Thread=8476. Client. Instance=LOCALDB#E89AD36E. VD=Global\{0B738066-D3E2-437C-A844-8950BDDC6044}1_SQLVDIMemoryName_0. Event 24583, SQLWRITER Sqllib error: OLEDB Error encountered calling ICommandText::Execute. hr = 0x80040e14. SQLSTATE: 42000, Native Error: 3013 Error state: 1, Severity: 16 Source: Microsoft SQL Server Native … Continue reading SQLVDI and SQLWRITER Errors


Copy Missing Objects From One Content Database to Another

I recently applied a cumulative update to a SharePoint environment that hadn't been patched in years. When I tried to upgrade the main production content database, the process failed and rendered the site inaccessible. The errors logs mentioned invalid objects such as "Webs" and "Sites", and upon further troubleshooting we learned that because of permission … Continue reading Copy Missing Objects From One Content Database to Another